The IGNOU Scholarship is a concept which was started by the university to provide scholarship to students who are pursuing a full-time research course and are enrolled in M.Phil. /Ph.D. Courses.
IGNOU Scholarship 2020
Some students come to belong to humble backgrounds and cannot afford the fees of Ph.D. level courses. For these students, Indira Gandhi National Open University provides financial support through IGNOU Scholarship Scheme.
The primary goal of the Indra Gandhi National Open University is to provide the young students with an opportunity to avail of the Research Fellow Scholarship. However, no other medical claim or any other allowance is given to the students.
IGNOU Research Fellowship Form And Last Date To Apply:
Applicants who are willing to apply through the offline mode should keep a note of the last date to apply. The Scholarship application form needs to be filled and couriered by the last week of September.
Indra Gandhi National Open University which is one of the largest universities in India provides an opportunity for the students to avail of the scholarship for the M.Phil. And Ph.D. level Courses.
The Indira Gandhi National Open University’s Headquarter in New Delhi and is managed and controlled by the Central Government of India.
If You Have Any Question Regarding IGNOU Scholarship And Didn’t Get Any Proper Solution By Your Regional Study Center Then Immediately Contact To The New Delhi Headquarter. They Will Help You As Much As Possible.
- University Will Provide Scholarship If You Are Studying In M.Phil And Ph.D. Level Courses on a full-time basis.
- Only Those candidates Can register if he or she is registered with IGNOU for a full-time researcher and a scholar.
Age Limit Details:
Indira Gandhi National University Has Set Some Age Limit For Research Scholarship Scheme.
- The student should not be more than 35 years old to avail the Ph.D. And M.Phil Level Courses Scholarship.
Our Personal Advice: If You Are More Than 35 Year Old And You Have Applied Scholarship Application Form. Your Application Form Will Be Rejected By Authority Department. So, Don’t Waste Your Golden Time To Get Scholarship If You Are 35 Years Old.
- The IGNOU Research Fellowship candidates get leave for 30 days in the normal calendar year.
- These 30 days leaves are apart from all the special and public holidays which a student gets.
The Indra Gandhi National Open University provides an extra advantage to the women scholars. Women scholars have a provision to apply for maternity leave as per UGC guidelines at full rates of IGNOU Scholarship once during the tenure of their award. In this way, IGNOU is extremely very supportive of the women students and provides them with full support.
Procedure To Apply Online IGNOU Scholarship Application Form
The Indira Gandhi National Open University is an extremely student-friendly university which designs all the procedures keeping in mind the comfort of the students. The application procedure to apply for the IGNOU Scholarship Form is hassle-free. The procedure is as follows:
- To apply for the IGNOU Scholarship Form, the candidates need to browse through the official website of the university, which is the: www.ignou.ac.in
- Then the candidates to fill the application form and courier the form along with the relevant documents to the following address:
- The final decision to select or reject the candidates is in the hands of the IGNOU Research fellowship, which is done on an annual basis.
- This process starts with the admission cycle to the end of the research degree programs.
- The two main fellowships for the two categories, one for the male and one for the female are duly reserved for all the children belonging to the Group B and C employees of the university who are currently pursuing the Ph.D. degree on a full-time basis.
- If there comes a case when there are no candidates who belong to the mentioned reserved category, then the research fellowship is open and the final decision will be made by the selection committee by taking into consideration the various criteria.
- The students who are interested and have been recommended for the research fellowship will be required to submit an affidavit in the proper format which has been prescribed by the university.
- The affidavit should properly reflect that in case they accept any remunerative assignment/employment or get any other type of fellowship, they will immediately inform the Research Unit for discontinuation of their IGNOU Research Fellowship.
The Research Fellowship comprises of the selection committee which is the main body that selects or rejects the applicants. The selection committee comprises of the following:
- Director, Research Unit-Chairperson
- Research Programme Co-ordinator (Social Sciences domain)-Member
- Research Programme Co-ordinator (Science and Technology domain)-
- Officer of Research Unit (dealing with fellowship matters)-Convener.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can I Get a Scholarship In IGNOU?
- Yes, If You Are Study In M.Phil. And Ph.D. level Courses.
- What Is The Age Limit For IGNOU Re-Search Scholarship?
- The Student Should Not Be More Than 35 Years Old.
- How Can I Get IGNOU Scholarship?
- Visit Official Website And Download Scholarship Application Form And Fill Up It And Submit To The Nearest IGNOU Study Center.
Once the candidate applies for the scholarship, there is an appointed committee which is particularly made to sit to properly screen and examine the application of the candidate. Once the committee has thoroughly gone through the application form, The IGNOU Scholarship Application Form is sent to the Vice-Chancellor for approval.
Official Website: www.ignou.ac.in