Those who want to get the IGNOU PhD Admission have to fill the application form via online through the official website of the Indira Gandhi Open University. In order to submit the application form, the registration number is very much important, so candidates must remember that. Below, you can check out the further details about eligibility criteria, application process, and much more details.
IGNOU PhD Admission 2019
The IGNOU Ph.D. Admission Form has been released by IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) At the official website. The selection process for the admission of IGNOU Ph.D. courses will going to be very strict. It will be completely based on the merit and the entrance exam marks. After that students have to extraordinarily perform in the interview to get the admission in IGNOU Ph.D. The selected candidate will get admission in the Ph.D. courses in an effective manner.
Procedure To fill IGNOU Ph.D. Online Admission Form
The IGNOU PhD Admission Application Form will be available online from the official website of IGNOU and candidates can fill it via online itself. Before filling the application form, students have to read the complete details and then have to proceed for the Online Admission Form Filling Process.
Students have to pay the application form fees and then can get the form. The amount will never be refundable in any situations.
- At first, you have to open the official website URL to get the IGNOU Ph.D. Online Admission Form. https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/admission/
- Then you have to complete the process of registration without fail.
- Username and password will be created, when the registration process is completed.
- Through email or SMS, your username and password will be provided.
- Via online, you have to fill out the application form.
- Your recent photograph has to be uploaded then which must be less than 100KB.
- After that, your specimen signature has to be uploaded then which must be less than 50KB.
- You have to check the declaration box after reading the declaration.
- Go through your data clearly and then confirm all the details once again.
- Through online, you can able to pay the application fee via net banking or credit card or debit card.
- The confirmation message for the payment will be sent to you via email and SMS
- In order to check your application form preview, you have to click the next option.
- Then finally, you can take the printout or else can save the application form to get online admission.
Eligibility Criteria For IGNOU Ph.D. Admission
- General candidates have to score at least 55% marks in their master’s degree in the relevant courses from the university recognized by UGC.
- For reserved candidates like SC, ST, differently-abled and OBC – non-creamy layer have to score at least 50% marks in their master’s degree in the relevant courses from the university recognized by UGC.
The Indira Gandhi National Open University will be strictly following these eligibility criteria for their Ph.D. Admission in a top-notch manner.
Selection Procedure For Ph.D. Admission
Based on the IGNOU PhD Prospectus, the selection procedure will be conducted and it will be done in two stages:
- Stage 1: Entrance Exam
- Stage 2: Presentation or Interview
Stage 1: Entrance Exam:
- At the national level, the entrance exam will be conducted by the IGNOU University for the Ph.D. Admission.
- In the official website, the candidates list applicable for the exam will be displayed. No personal email or messages will be sent to the students separately. Everyone has the check their result only via online.
- Then students can also find the hall ticket at the website and it will allow them to attend the exam without any issue. You must take a print out of the hall ticket while you are going to enter the exam hall.
- Original identity proof of the candidate must be there at the time of examination for verification purposes. An original proof will be of voter ID card, aadhar card, passport, driving license or any government authorized ID card.
- General candidates with 50% marks in their master’s degree in the relevant courses from the university recognized by UGC will be put under waiting list.
- For reserved candidates like SC, ST, differently-abled and OBC – non-creamy layer with 45% marks in their master’s degree in the relevant courses from the university recognized by UGC will be put under waiting list.
- If seats are available then those candidates will be placed on that.
Stage 2: Presentation or Interview:
- Candidates who get pass marks in the entrance exam have to attend the interview in front of the discipline-specific doctoral research committee.
- After that, offer letter for the IGNOU PhD admission will only be sent to the candidates those who were selected in this presentation or interview process.
Official Website: www.ignou.ac.in